jeudi 14 juin 2018

Living by yourself ?

 Let's talk about living by yourself.
Now, I guess you all know that I live by myself and it's been now 3 years. Can you imagine 3 years already? I can't believe it. Time flies so quickly, that's crazy. 

My life has changed so much since. I'm not the same as I used to be. For example, when I was still at home, I wasn't cooking for my gaddamn self. Who was cooking? obviously my dear mum. Oh.. that's one of the reason why she was a bit scared to send me in London.  Why am I talking about cooking? because to be honest it's has been something that I needed to do and learn quickly if I didn't want to die in my kitchen.  I just realized that being a student wasn't something easy. Going to uni, then go for  food shopping and then start cooking at 9pm (yes I generally eat late). Mum wasn't there to buy my usual milk or bread. I might sounds silly but planning a day to buy food and stay within your budget for the whole month was something totally new for me.  As I said, back in Geneva I was barely shopping with my mum. She was doing all for us. 

So when I arrived in London, I had to think about paying my rent every months, having a margin for my own expenses (hair, shopping, activities...), enough money for food and transport. I swear, all of these things will make you wiser than before (or not). 
However, despite all these tough things that you need to learn how to handle quickly, there are some cool advantages. Yes, living by yourself is just an amazing experience. You're free to do whatever you want when you want and how you want "I just do what I wanna, when I wanna, how I wanna" I hope you know the song.  However you have to do it well !!! For example, something that I always say is that if you want to cook at 10pm, man just do it. if you want to wake up at 12pm, same, do it. If you don't want clean your place on a weekly basis, just do it. Yes, you need to know that with my parents every Saturday it's cleaning day. You can't live the house without cleaning EVERY SINGLE THING. If you have something planned at 12am, my friend, I'm telling you, just cancel it.  It's not easy to live with parents who are obsessively tidy. Another pleasant thing is the fact to find peace and wellbeing with your own presence. Like seriously, this is something that I can't even explain, but most of the time when I'm back home for summer and spend almost three most, I can't wait to be back in London and get back my own space. Only people living far from home will understand me hahaha.

That's all for today. I thank God for my life, I'm blessed. 

SHARE:

Aucun commentaire

Enregistrer un commentaire

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig